Defence Women in STEM Undergraduate Scholarships
Second year students, Third year and above
The Defence Women in STEM Undergraduate Scholarships are aimed at encouraging high-performing women to continue their university study in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) fields and improve the representation of women in the STEM workforce. These scholarships are sponsored by the Defence Science and Technology Group (DSTG), the Australian Government's lead agency responsible for applying science and technology to safeguard Australia and its national interests.
Scholarship recipients receive a range of benefits including:
- Financial support of $10,000 per annum for two years of full-time study (or part-time equivalent)
- Opportunities to undertake STEM placements within Defence
- Mentoring by Defence STEM professionals
Eligible students must:
- be an Australian citizen who identifies as a woman; and
- is commencing their second or third year of study at an undergraduate level, with a minimum of two further years of study in the degree program.
How to Apply
For more information, please contact DSTGWorkforceCapability&Talent@dst.defence.gov.au