Department of Education and Training / UNSW Rural Assistance Scheme UGCE1058
High school leavers
Up to 39 Scholarship(s) available
For 1 year
Aus Citizen/Aus Permanent Resident
The Department of Education and Training / UNSW Rural Assistance Scheme aims to assist rural students who have attended a government high school.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be Australian Citizen or Australian permanent resident; and
- Have completed the NSW HSC either:
- in the year prior to commencing study at UNSW, or
- in the previous two years but must not have commenced any tertiary study.
- Have attended an Government High School* in a rural or remote region**
- Be enrolled or intend to enrol full-time in a UNSW undergraduate degree program
* Applications will also be accepted from students boarding at a Government High School who have a home address in a rural or remote region.
** The Australian Standard Geographical Classification Remoteness Areas (ASGC) classifications accepted under the program are RA2 (with the exception of Hobart), RA3, RA4 or RA5.
NOTE: Students who have attended a non-government high school (i.e. private or Catholic) are not eligible to apply.
The Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of:
- Academic merit
- Leadership qualities and the potential to contribute to University life
- Preference may be given applicants in receipt of means-tested Centrelink Benefits, such as ABSTUDY, Youth Allowance, or Austudy.
Applicants must submit a UAC Undergraduate Equity Scholarship application by Friday 6th January 2017.
Interviews are not required for this Scholarship.
You are not able to apply for this scholarship through My Application Online - UNSW Scholarships.
Application is through the UAC.
This application is accessible here.