School of Physics Vacation Research Scholarship UGVC1047
Second year students, Third year and above
10 Scholarship(s) available
No residency requirements
To expose highly talented students enrolled in the second and third years of an undergraduate program majoring in Physics to research experience, to add meaning to their coursework and to inspire them to progress further onto honours and postgraduate degrees.
Applications are open to:
- Undergraduate students who are completing a major in Physics and who are currently enrolled in the second or third stage of an undergraduate program in Science or a related discipline.
Applicants must submit a formal application, along with their academic statement and Curriculum Vitae.
- Must be enrolled at UNSW for the duration of the scholarship
- Must be able to be engaged in a project on a full-time basis (35 hours/week for six weeks)
- Projects must be research based activities (a high level of administrative task component is not regarded as research) and should be completed by the end of February
- Must submit a written report to the supervisors of their research upon completion. A certificate will be awarded to students who have successfully completed their projects.
Successful Non-UNSW students will be enrolled in Program 6006, Visiting Student Program and in the course code REGS9002. They can be issued with UNSW student cards for the duration of their Vacation Research
Each successful candidate can only hold ONE such scholarship at one time. Students may not hold a Faculty of Science Vacation Research Scholarship and a School of Physics Research Scholarship concurrently.
Recipients will be selected on the basis of:
- Academic Merit
- Perceived aptitude and commitment for research in Physics.