Elite Athlete Award UGCE1195
High school leavers, First year students, Second year students, Third year and above, Honours year students, Postgraduate students
For commencement Semester 1 2018
For 1 year
No residency requirements
The Elite Athlete Sports Scholarship is for future and current UNSW students with an outstanding ability in sport.
- Expected to be active members of the UNSW sporting club for which the scholarship is awarded
- Required to participate in the Australian University Games/Championships if required.
High School Leavers
In order to be potentially considered for this scholarship, High School Leavers apply via the advertisement for the Ben Lexcen Sports Scholarship (For future UNSW students) UGCE2043 by 30 September 2017
Current UNSW Students
In order to be potentially considered for this scholarship, Current Students should apply via the advertisement for the Elite Athlete and Sports Scholarships for Current Students UGCE1430 by 30 November 2017
- Be intending to enrol or are currently enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate program at UNSW; and
- Demonstrate outstanding ability in sport.
Applicants will be assessed:
- Primarily on their elite sporting achievements
Consideration will also be given to:
- An applicant's demonstrated leadership qualities
- Community involvement
- Ability to contribute to wider University life.
Applicants must also provide a reference from their coach, school or club representative supporting their application.
Interviews are not required for this Scholarship.
The Elite Athletes,Performers and Leaders (EAPL) Bonus Points Program recognises
excellence in sport, academic pursuits, music and leadership achievements by
awarding admission bonus points to eligible applicants. Click here for more information on the EAPL Bonus Points and how to apply.
Applications close 30 November 2017.
You are not able to apply for this scholarship through My Application Online - UNSW Scholarships.
No application required (alternate selection criteria apply).