Australia-Israel Medical Students Elective and Clerkship Awards UGTR1036
Third year and above
1 Scholarship(s) available
For 1 year
No residency requirements
The Australia-Israel Medical Student Elective and Clerkship Awards are to encourage students enrolled in UNSW Medicine to undertake a final year elective at Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa Israel and for students enrolled in Medicine at Technion - Israel Institute of Technology to undertake a final year international clerkship at UNSW, Sydney, Australia.
Students will undertake their elective between the months of December and March.
ELECTIVE AWARD - for UNSW students:
To be eligible applicants must:
- be enrolled full-time in the undergraduate Medicine program at UNSW, and proposing to undertake MFAC3507 Year 6 elective study in a UNSW approved program between the months of December and March at Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel and needs to be accepted by Technion for the elective
CLERKSHIP AWARD- for Technion Applicants:
- must be enrolled in their final year of a medical degree at Technion - Israel Institute of Technology with at least 2 years of clinical experience at the time of participation in the Clerkship
- be approved by Technion to undertake a clerkship at UNSW
- have complied with all NSW Health Regulations
- have been accepted by UNSW to undertake a Clerkship
Applicants will be assessed on the basis of:
- Academic Merit
- A statement on the expected value and benefits of completing an elective at Technion or clerkship at UNSW, including the reasons for choosing this particular country and Institution.
NOTE: UNSW students applying for the Elective Award must apply via UNSW Scholarships online application process.
NOTE: Technion students should apply for the scholarship via Technion - Israel Institute of Technology and not via UNSW Scholarships.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend for an interview.