Danielle Sirmai Memorial Award UGTR1035
Third year and above, Postgraduate students
For 1 year
Aus Citizen/Aus Permanent Resident/NZ Citizen
The Danielle Sirmai Memorial Award is a travel award for an international internship, mooting program or a Learning Abroad Exchange or Short Course/Program. It is expected that the award will promote and foster further study of international arbitration or private international law and develop expertise in these fields in Australia. The Award is in memory of the life and work of Danielle Nicole Sirmai, née Feller.
|Scholarship||Value and Duration||Additional Criteria||Danielle Sirmai Memorial Award (UGTR1035)||$7,000 for one year|
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a UNSW student currently enrolled in a Juris Doctor program, a postgraduate Law program, or be in the Third year or above of an undergraduate dual program in Law.
- Be undertaking an international internship via the Law Faculty WIL program, be enrolled in the LAWS3086 International Law Competitive Moot course, or a Learning Abroad Exchange or Short Course.
- Travel can take place in Term 3, 2023, Summer 2024, or Term 1, 2024.
Applicants will be assessed on the basis of:
- Academic Merit;
- Contributions to the wider community through engagement in relevant extra-curricular activities, contribution to university life or leadership qualities;
- Reasons for undertaking the international travel and intended internship/course of study/mooting program;
- Interest and/or any study in international arbitration or private international law.
Refer to the 'How to Prepare for Departure' website for information on compulsory tutorials and how to register your travel before departure.
You must provide evidence supporting the above criteria in your online application. Please refer to the Scholarship Application Supporting Documents for a detailed list of examples.
Unanswered application questions or claims without supporting documentation will not be assessed. Late applications/supporting documentation will not be accepted.
UNSW reserves the right not to award a scholarship, where there is no applicant of sufficient merit, or if the applicant does not meet the scholarship eligibility and/or selection criteria.
Shortlisted applicants are not required to attend an interview.
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed.
Application is via the UNSW Scholarships "My Application Online".