Academic Achievement Award (AAA) UGCA1208
High school leavers
For commencement Term 1 2024
For 1 year
Aus Citizen/Aus Permanent Resident
The Academic Achievement Award (AAA) has been established to encourage academically gifted students who have completed an Australian Year 12 qualification from NSW and ACT high schools to undertake undergraduate study at UNSW.
The AAA comprises:
- Three adjustment factor points (included in the maximum total points) for entry into an undergraduate degree program at UNSW, except for Medicine (BMed MD) and Co-op programs
- Payment of $5,000 following confirmation of full-time enrolment at UNSW
The AAA can be deferred for up to 2 years, if the offer of Admission is formally deferred and the student does not undertake any other tertiary study in the meantime.
The AAA cannot be held in conjunction with a UNSW Scientia Scholarship or Jillian Segal Scientia Scholarship.
Payment of the AAA is made on the condition that students are enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree program at UNSW, as at Census date in the year of award.
To be eligible, applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Must have achieved the highest ATAR at their school (excluding adjustment factor points)
- Must have submitted a UAC Undergraduate Admission application and listed UNSW as one of their preferences by the December Round 2 offer round (15 December 2023).
- Must have completed an Australian Year 12 qualification in a NSW or ACT high school, excluding TAFE, in the year prior to commencing studies at UNSW
- Be commencing & enrolled full-time in a UNSW undergraduate degree program
AAA offers will be automatically awarded by UNSW to students that achieve the highest raw ATAR (not including adjustment factor points) at NSW and ACT high schools and are commencing undergraduate studies at UNSW in Term 1, 2024.
You do not need to submit a Scholarships application to be considered for the AAA. Eligible candidates will be identified through their UAC application.
Multiple students from the same high school may be made an offer.
You are not able to apply for this scholarship through My Application Online - UNSW Scholarships.
Automatic offer based on Australian Year 12 results