Potishko Family Goldman Sachs Gives Mathematics Award UGCA1441
High school leavers, First year students
2 Scholarship(s) available
For 1 year
Aus Citizen/Aus Permanent Resident/NZ Citizen
The Potishko Family Goldman Sachs Gives Mathematics Award aims to encourage and assist students to undertake study in the School of Mathematics and Statistics at UNSW.
There are up to 2 to be awarded (one to a Male and one to a Female).
To be eligible, applicants must
- Have completed the NSW HSC (or interstate equivalent) or IB, either:
- in the year prior to commencing study at UNSW, or
- in the previous two years prior to commencing at UNSW, provided no tertiary study was undertaken during this period.
- Applicants must have entered the UNSW Annual School Mathematics Competition and other mathematics competitions
- Be commencing full-time undergraduate study in one of the following programs:
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics)
- Bachelor of Science (International)
- Academic merit
- Results from Mathematics Competitions (UNSW Annual School Mathematics Competition results and/or other mathematics competition results)
- Reason for undertaking studies in Mathematics
Applicants will be assessed on the basis of:
Preference may be given to applicants in receipt of means-tested Centrelink Benefits, such as ABSTUDY, Youth Allowance, or Austudy.
To be considered for this Scholarship, applicants must complete Part 1 and Part 2 of the application process.
Part 1: Apply and submit an UAC Equity Scholarship application online at the UAC Website by 30 March 2017; and
Part 2: Complete the UNSW Scholarships Application form, by 30 March 2017.
Interviews are not required for this Scholarship