Neville A Whiffen Memorial Award PUCE1002
High school leavers, First year students, Second year students, Third year and above, Honours year students, Postgraduate students
1 Scholarship(s) available
For 1 year
No residency requirements
The Neville A Whiffen Memorial Award has been established to assist commencing or currently enrolled students with disabilities to undertake study at UNSW.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Have a moderate to severe disability supported by documentation from a medical specialist.
Definition of disability is based on the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) 1992 and includes
- Deaf/ hearing impairment
- Blind/ vision impairment
- Physical disability
- Specific learning disability
- Psychiatric disability
- Acquired brain injury
- Chronic medical conditions
- Have applied through UAC for an Equity Scholarship and demonstrate long-term medical condition/ disability or ongoing effects of abuse; and
- Be commencing or currently enrolled in a UNSW Undergraduate, Honours or Postgraduate Coursework program.
Candidates will be considered on the basis of their UAC Equity Scholarship application.
Preference may be given to applicants in receipt of means-tested Centrelink Benefits, such as ABSTUDY, Youth Allowance, or Austudy.
Applicants must submit a UAC Equity Scholarship application by Wednesday, 13 December 2017.
Interviews are not required for this Scholarship
You are not able to apply for this scholarship through My Application Online - UNSW Scholarships.
Application is through the UAC.
This application is accessible here.