UNSW Science Vacation Research Scholarship UGVC1056
Second year students, Third year and above, Honours year students, Postgraduate students
No residency requirements
The purpose of the UNSW Science Summer Vacation Research Scholarship is to expose highly talented undergraduate students, enrolled in Science or a related discipline, to scientific research and other science-based experience, and to further their education and inspire them to consider research or related activities. The scholarship program will run for a six-week period over the Summer Semester (November to February).
Students must complete the following by Friday 15 September 2023 at 11:59 PM to be considered:
- Part 1: Submit a UNSW Science Vacation Research Scholarship application (attaching their CV and academic transcripts as one PDF file); AND
- Part 2: Complete the UNSW Science Vacation Research Submission Form.
Incomplete applications or applications without supporting documents will not be assessed. Late applications/supporting documentation will not be accepted.
NOTE: Applicants who are not UNSW students will need to create a nine digit login ID of their own choice, as you will not have a UNSW zID to apply with. This is done in the registration page once you have selected "Future UNSW Student" and enter your nine digit number in the Login ID field.
Visit the 2023/2024 Research Projects page for a list of available research projects.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled in second year or above of an undergraduate program in the Faculty of Science or a science-related discipline at UNSW or another Australian or New Zealand University.
- Be able to be engaged in a project on a full-time basis (35 hours/week for six weeks during normal working hours unless advised otherwise by the supervisor);
- Projects must be focused on research-based activities (administration tasks are not regarded as research) and should be completed by the end of February;
- Each successful candidate can hold only ONE such scholarship at a time;
- Students who were previously awarded a UNSW Science Vacation Research Scholarship are not eligible to apply.
- Academic Merit; the minimum WAM required would typically be expected to be 75.
- Aptitude for research and commitment to studies in an area of research within UNSW Science
Each applicant will be assessed on their ability to demonstrate:
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed.
Application is via the UNSW Scholarships "My Application Online".