Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship PGCE1010
Third year and above, Honours year students, Alumni, Postgraduate students
$120,000 up to $120,000
For up to 3 years
Aus Citizen/Aus Permanent Resident
Whether your focus is Asia, new technology or social change the Westpac Scholars Trust is offering postgraduate study for talented individuals at Australia's leading universities.
Scholars will be exceptional people, chosen for their potential to make a difference to Australia's future in one of our four focus areas:
- Technology and innovation
- Strengthening Australia-Asia ties
- Reducing Australia's environmental impact
- Creating a more inclusive country.
The Scholarships are valued at up to $120,000 over 2-3 years and will be awarded annually for research or coursework studies at graduate level.
Partner UniversitiesThe Westpac Scholars Trust has partnered with nine leading Australian universities to deliver the Future Leaders Scholarship. Scholarship recipients must undertake their postgraduate studies at one of the following nine universities, in a field of world-class standing:
- The University of Adelaide
- The Australian National University
- The University of Melbourne
- Monash University
- The University of Queensland
- The University of Sydney
- University of Tasmania
- University of New South Wales
- University of Western Australia
- You are an Australian citizen or permanent resident (NZ citizens who are not also Australian citizens are not eligible).
- You have completed an undergraduate degree after 1 September 2017, OR will complete by 31 December 2022.
- You have achieved or are on track to achieve an average result of H1 or H2A equivalent (approx. 75 WAM).
- You have chosen to undertake a full-time Masters by coursework or research or a PhD at one of our nine participating universities.
- You have chosen a field of study which, for PhD and Masters by research applicants has an ERA four digit FOR rating of "well above world standard" in the ERA 2018 exercise and for Masters by coursework applicants, must be in area of world-class standing.
- You must commence study in 2023 (Jan - Dec 2023), not before.
- Your proposed program of study:
- Can be in any field and must be relevant to the Trust's focus areas.
- Include international opportunities, such as a period of study at an overseas university, an invited presentation at a conference significant to the discipline, or a period of internship or placement at an overseas organisation, which will develop your leadership skills and global networks
- Underpin a worthy and viable post-study plan that benefits Australia
- Funding requests for the purpose of medical research as defined in the ARC Medical Research Policy available on the Australian Research Council website will not be considered; MD, juris doctor programs or equivalent are also excluded.
- Masters by coursework programs must be completed within two years.
- You are able to supply two letters of reference - one academic reference and one personal reference.
- For PhD and Masters by Research applicants, you must also supply one letter of support from either your supervisor, dean of the faculty or head of school or equivalent.
How to apply
Applications will open on 15 June 2022 and must be submitted by 1 September 2022.
For information on how to apply please visit the Westpac Future Leaders website.
The 2023 Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship Information Session will be held online on Tuesday 19 July at 6 pm. Click HERE to register your attendance.
You are not able to apply for this scholarship through My Application Online - UNSW Scholarships.
No application required (alternate selection criteria apply).