Thin Films Interfaces Research Experience Award UGCA1587
Third year and above
For up to 2 years
No residency requirements
The Award has been established to provide academically gifted undergraduate students (or those with prior direct lab experience) an opportunity to conduct research on advanced and modern functional nanomaterials.
Each Award will have a value of $5000 per annum and will be payable for the remaining duration of program ( upto 2 years).
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be enrolled in full-time undergraduate study in one of the following programs:
- Engineering (Hons) / Science
- Material Science and Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering(Hons)/Biomedical Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering (Hons)/Chemical Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering (Hons)/Engineering Science
- Academic Merit
- Leadership skills (school, workplace or community)
- Extra-curricular activities (sporting, cultural activities, volunteer/work experience)
- Aptitude and commitment to studies in an area of Fundamental Materials Science
- Direct work experience working in laboratories focused on research of complex oxide thin films (evidence to be provided with letters of recommendation) may be considered
Applicants will be assessed on their ability to demonstrate:
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed.
Application is via the UNSW Scholarships "My Application Online".