Daniel and Helen Gauchat Port Macquarie Award for Rural Medical Students UGCE1372
High school leavers, First year students
For commencement Term 1 2024
For 1 year
Aus Citizen/Aus Permanent Resident/NZ Citizen
The purpose of the Award is to support accommodation fees at Forster College for first year UNSW Medicine Students from a rural area, commencing study at the UNSW Rural Clinical School in Port Macquarie.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be commencing a UNSW eligible program
- Be classified as rural or remote(see below)
- Be applying to or have been offered a place to undertake full-time study in the first year of an eligible UNSW undergraduate degree; and
- Be residing at Forster House
Refer to the Australian Standard Geographic Classification Remoteness Areas (ASGC) classifications at www.doctorconnect.gov.au
Each applicant will be assessed on their ability to demonstrate:
- Academic merit
- Leadership skills (school, workplace or community)
- Extra-curricular activities (sporting, cultural activities, volunteer/work experience
- Aptitude and commitment to studies
You must provide evidence supporting the above criteria in your online application. Please refer to the Scholarship Application Supporting Documents for a detailed list of examples.
Unanswered application questions or claims without supporting documentation will not be assessed. Late applications/supporting documentation will not be accepted.
UNSW reserves the right not to award a scholarship, where there is no applicant of sufficient merit, or if the applicant does not meet the scholarship eligibility and/or selection criteria.
Interviews are not necessary
You must Register (if you have not already done so) and Login to apply for this scholarship