UNSW School of Chemistry Vacation Research Award UGVC1058
Second year students, Third year and above
No residency requirements
The purpose of the Scholarship is to expose highly talented undergraduate students, enrolled in the School of Chemistry, to further their education and inspire them to consider research or related activities.
Students from a rural area of Australia may receive an additional top-up to assist with the costs of living in Sydney while undertaking this opportunity, subject to funding approval.
Applicants who are not UNSW students will need to create a nine digit login ID of their own choice as you will not have a UNSW zID to apply with. You do this in the registration page once you have selected Future UNSW Student and enter your number under the UAC/Student Number section.
Applications will close Monday, 23 November at 11:59pm.
Visit the 2020/2021 Research Projects page for a list of possible research projects.
To be eligible, applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be currently enrolled in second year or above of an undergraduate program in the School of Chemistry at UNSW or another Australian or New Zealand university.
- Able to be engaged in a project on a full-time basis (35 hours/week for six weeks during normal working hours unless advised otherwise by the supervisor);
- Projects must be focused on research-based activities (administration tasks are not regarded as research) and should be completed by the end of February;
- Each successful candidate can hold only ONE such scholarship at a time; Students who were previously awarded a UNSW Science Vacation Research Scholarship are not eligible to apply
Each applicant will be assessed on their ability to demonstrate:
- Academic Merit; the minimum WAM required would typically be expected to be 65.
- Aptitude and commitment to studies in an area of research within UNSW School of Chemistry
- Completing the project research submission form
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed.
Application is via the UNSW Scholarships "My Application Online".