SAS Institute & the School of Mathematics and Statistics Award UGCA1272
High school leavers
Next available in 2017
1 Scholarship(s) available
For up to 4 years
No residency requirements
This Award has been established to encourage students to undertake undergraduate study (including combined degrees) at UNSW with a Mathematics or Statistics major or study plan.
This scholarship will next be available when the current holder ceases to receive benefits. It is expected that applications will open in 2016 for study commencing in 2017.
Applicants must have:
- Completed the HSC (or equivalent) in the year prior to the year of the award; and
- Have achieved an ATAR (or equivalent) of at least 98 and a Mathematics Extension I and II total of at least 185; and
- Be proposing to undertake full-time study in a Bachelor of Science or combined Bachelor of Science program at UNSW, with a major or study plan in Mathematics or Statistics.
Applicants who have undertaken a gap year immediately following completion of their HSC and have not commenced tertiary studies will also be considered. This requires the applicant to have completed their HSC (or equivalent) no more than two years prior to the year of the award.
Selection will be based on:
- Academic merit (i.e. HSC ATAR (or equivalent) and Mathematics results)
- Consideration will also be given to potential to contribute to and participate in the life of the School of Mathematics and Statistics, through involvement in such activities as the Student Mathematical Society (MathSoc) or mentoring younger students.