Balnaves Foundation Indigenous Medical Scholarships UGCA1278
High school leavers, First year students
1 Scholarship(s) available
For up to 6 years
No residency requirements
The purpose of the Balnaves Foundation Indigenous Medical Scholarships is to encourage Indigenous students to study Medicine at UNSW.
The Scholarship will normally be tenable for the minimum program duration (6 years) of the Medicine program (BMed MD), subject to satisfactory progress.
To be eligible for the Scholarship, applicants must be:
- an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander as identified by their community
- full-time study in the BMed MD program at UNSW
The scholarship is open to students prospectively entering their first year but second year students will be considered.
Selection will be based on:
- (1) an interview during the pre medicine program
- (2) ability and level of improvement during the pre medicine program
- (3) assessment of the assignment during the pre medicine program and
- (4) previous academic results
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview.